Health benefits of bananas are undeniable. This tropical fruit is rich in nutrients that can be helpful for many diseases. If you go to the gym two bananas provide enough energy for a workout session of 90 minutes.
Here are 10 interesting facts about bananas:
1. Bananas are high in tryptophan, which stimulates the production of serotonin – a neurotransmitter acting in the brain, known as the hormone of happiness for its relaxation and improve mood.
2. Bananas are a rich source of vitamin B6, which regulates blood sugar and improves provisions.
3. Vitamin B6 in bananas is effective in reducing stress due to calming and relaxing properties for the nervous system.
4. Bananas are rich in potassium and low in sodium, making this exotic fruit the perfect combination to ensure a healthy blood pressure. Moreover, it offers protection against cerebral vascular accidents.
5. Bananas are a natural antacid, helping with heartburn.
6. Due to a fiber called soluble hydrocolloid, bananas can successfully replace laxatives and it helps to normalize the digestive tract movements.
7. Bananas can increase concentration and attention due to the large amount of potassium. It is therefore recommended eating bananas before study for exams.
8. A banana milkshake with honey will get rid of a hangover. The banana calms the stomach and balances blood sugar and the honey hydrates the body.
9. Banana peels can also be helpful. They can cure the itch of a mosquito bite. If you rub the affected area with the inside of the banana peel, it will reduce both inflammation and irritation.
10. Bananas are rich in antioxidants, providing free radicals and protecting chronic diseases.
Banana is a super food rich in nutritive substances but also with many therapeutic properties. Therefore, it should occupy an important place in your diet!